Locations spanning four campuses are conveniently spaced to enable printing. Options include scanning, printing, copying, poster size, and 3-D printing. Future locations include the addition of 14 plotters for ease of printing larger documents.
Free Printer Locations
Through a partnership with Student Government and USF Information Technology, enhancements have been made to the free printing program on campus. Students are given an allotment of $3.00 per day to be used for printing on campus. Any amount over $3.00 daily can be printed using Bull Buck$.
The benefits of these changes are:
• Students can use their free prints allocations for copies at all of the locations unless otherwise noted.
• Students can print from their personal computers.
• Students can print via email attachment.
• Students can print to the free print locations from within the USF Application Gateway.
• Students can continue to print using Bull Bucks once their daily free prints allocation is reached.
• Black & White printing is only 11 cents per page.
• Color printing is only 22 cents per page.
|title||Current free print locations:|
BSN 2nd floor, old building
ENB Hall of Flags
LIB 113, LIB 2nd Floor Lobby
JPH Residence Hall Lobby
|MDD 251, MDD 302, MDD 404, MDD 504|
Marshall Center Computer Lab 1st Floor
Marshall Center Lobby [by vending machines]
MDA Lobby – USF Health The WELL
MDC Shimberg Health Sciences Library
SVC 2nd Floor Lobby
|3D printers: CMC 153 Audio Visual Center (no free prints), Shimberg Library|
|Plotters: LIB, MSC Student Gov't open use lab, Shimberg Library, MDD 251|
|title||Restricted access locations:|
|ALN 241 Honors Lab|
CMC 209 classroom
|CPR 121 classroom|
CWY 300 ROTC lab
|title||Large-format printer locations:|
|LIB Tampa LIbrary Computer Lab (First Floor)|
Shimberg Health Sciences Library
|Marshall Center SG Computer Lab (1st & 2nd Floors)|
|title||Regional campus locations:|
|St. Petersburg||Sarasota Manatee|
|DAV 107 Success Center |
Nelson Poynter Library
Mote Marine Lab
Back to top
Mobile Printing and Printing from your Computer
Students are able to print via email from their personal devices directly to a USF printer. (limited file types).
How to Print to a Pharos Printer
There are two options for printing.
- Email an attachment
- Installation package on computer
Email an attachment:
- From your USF email address send attachment to:
- BWPrint@usf.edu for Black and White prints
- ColorPrint@usf.edu for Color prints
- Go to any Pharos printer, swipe USF ID card to release the print.
|title||These file types can be printed:|
Comma Separated Values
Adobe Portable Document Format
Rich Text Format
|.doc | .docx | .dot|
.xls | .xlt | .xlsx | .xltx | .xltm | .xlsm
.ppt | .pptx | .pptm |.pot |.pps |.potx | .ppsx
.vsd | .vss | .vst | .vdx | .vsx | .vtx | .vdw
.msg | .eml
.odt | .ods | .ott | .odp
.jpg | .jpeg | .gif | .png | .bmp
Installation package on computer:
To print from your computer to a USF printer without emailing an attachment, you must first install a printer package to your computer. Choose your installation package from the list of printers. Follow directions on the installation package page.
To print a document follow these steps:
- Open the document using the appropriate application.
- Print the document choosing the appropriate PHAROS installed printer i.e. USF_Ricoh_Universal
And visit Bull Buck$ to add funds.
Back to top
Printer Installation Packages
Printer Installation Instructions:
Large-Format Printer Drivers (Windows 64 bit only)
Back to top
USF Print Shop
University of South Florida and ProCopy have partnered to offer students and faculty a full range of business services to assist with their everyday needs. The USF Print Shop can produce crisp, clean copies, prints, professional binding and finishing. They can also help with quality prints of posters, signs, banners, postcards, business cards, program booklets, brochures, and traditional-sized photos. For more information visit the USF Print Shop.
Back to top