Accessing Power BI
- Go to http://app.powerbi.com
- Click Sign In under "Already have an account?"
- Enter your USF email address on the Sign In screen. This is your Net ID + @usf.edu as an employee.
Click the Next button.
You will be redirected to a site with a USF image to enter your password.
Power BI might skip steps 5 and 6 if you've already signed into to another system in this browser.
Enter your Net ID password.
- Click the Sign In button.
The Power BI system will load.
Searching for a Report
There are four ways to find a report or dashboard in Power BI: search, shared with me, workspaces, and apps.
- Click the Search box in the top right corner of the page.
- Type keywords found in either the report or dashboard title.
A list will populate of possible options.
- Click on the report to open.
Shared with me:
If someone has shared a report or dashboard with you, you can always find it in the Shared with me section.
- Click on Shared with me on the left side of your screen.
A list will automatically populate if you have shared reports or dashboards.
- Click the report name to open.
You can filter the reports in this area by choosing the Workspace or person who shared the report with you.
These spaces group dashboards and reports into sets of similar reports, much like you might use a folder for your files on a computer. You will have a workspace for most of your Teams.
- Click on Workspace on the left side of your screen to see your list of workspaces.
A list will automatically populate.
- Click on the report or dashboard you want to open.
You may only have access to a report through an App. Apps are like workspaces in that they group reports into sets from a workspace.
- Click on Apps on the left side of your screen to see your loaded apps.
Apps available to you are populated on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the app you want to open.