Important Catalog Reminder
Due to the planned consolidation during the summer of 2020, of the University of South Florida, the University of South Florida St. Petersburg, and the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee, into a single university with a fully aligned and integrated curriculum and a single set of academic policies and procedures, any undergraduate or graduate student who matriculates at one of the three USF institutions on or after May 18, 2020, will adhere to the curricula, policies, and procedures described in the 2020-21 USF undergraduate or graduate catalog, respectively.
To graduate, a student must submit the Application for Degree in the term of expected graduation by the deadline noted in the academic calendar. If a student applies for graduation and is not approved, a new Application for Degree must be submitted by the deadline in a new term.
View this presentation on COPH Graduation Information. It will walk you through the COPH graduation application process and answer common questions.
COPH Application for Degree Process
- Complete the University’s Application to Degree in OASIS.
- Register to participate in the USF commencement ceremony.
- PhD and DrPH Students only: Turn in a completed Program of Study (POS) for your degree program.
- Work with the doctoral training office to obtain the POS. The POS must also have the signature of your major professor.
- Email a PDF of the POS to email@example.com. Do Not submit a POS from Archivum or Degreeworks.
- Master's students DO NOT need to submit a POS. However, please review DegreeWorks to ensure your student record is up-to-date and you are on track to graduate. Pay special attention to your elective courses and make sure they have been applied to your student record correctly.
- An invitation to complete the COPH Exit Survey will be emailed to you. Complete the COPH Exit Survey before graduation.
ITEMS #1-2 MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE APPLICATION IS PROCESSED.
- PhD and MSPH students must comply with requirements and deadlines from the Graduate Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Resource Center (ETD) in regards to submitting their dissertation or thesis.
- The POS differs for each catalog year. Please turn in the POS based on the catalog year you started your program or based on change of catalog year.
- If you have courses you took as non-degree or at another institution that you want counted towards your degree, please make sure you complete the paperwork to transfer them into your degree program.
- Check USF email for any updates on your graduation status.
- Students who are certified to graduate will receive their diploma two months after the commencement ceremony.
- Failure to complete the full application process may result in the denial of your graduation application. The denial would require you to re-apply the following term and register for an additional 2 credit hours.
- Students must be registered for at least 2 graduate hours in the semester of graduation.
- All incomplete & missing grades must be cleared by the last day of classes of the semester you are graduating. See the instructor to request a change of grade.
All issues must be resolved before the last day of classes.
Please click the link below to review a step-by-step presentation regarding the graduation process. If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to email at firstname.lastname@example.org
***Presentation on COPH Graduation Information***
Relocation & Completing your Degree
If you are relocating you will need to meet with your advisor as soon as possible to discuss a plan to complete any unfinished course work. Contact the COPH Academic and Student Affairs Office prior to your departure to coordinate all of your final paperwork 813-974-6505.
USF Main Campus Commencement
After all of the requirements for the degree have been fulfilled, graduate students may participate in commencement exercises. If you are participating in the commencement ceremony on main campus, you will need to order your cap and gown from the USF Bookstore on main campus. For more information about the USF Commencement Ceremony see their web site: usfweb2.usf.edu/commencement/.
See also the USF Graduate Catalog Graduation and Postdoctoral Affairs section.
COPH Graduation Celebration
The College of Public Health holds a Graduation Celebration for our Graduates. The Dean's Office will email an RSVP to join to all students who are anticipating graduation at that time.
Posthumous Degrees or Degrees in Memoriam
USF Email Account
Your USF email account will remain active indefinitely after graduation.
Please send feedback on Student Resources.